I work with people inspired to build more fulfilling lives and relationships.
To me, psychotherapy is an intentional investment in yourself, a empowering way to ease the inner struggles that keep you feeling stuck. I've personally benefitted from this work, and I see therapy as a way of extending compassion and balance not only to ourselves, but to our larger communities and the world.
I'm an Oakland native who's lived in New York City and Austin. I also consider myself a motherless daughter. As a mixed-race therapist (African-American and Iranian), I cultivate a supportive atmosphere that welcomes and normalizes diversity of all kinds. My name is pronounced "Shir-EEN."
A few of my credentials:
- California Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #97538
- MA in Integral Counseling Psychology, California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS)
- BA in American Studies, Barnard College/Columbia University
- Level 2 trained in the Internal Family Systems method, Center for Self-Leadership
- Motherless Daughters therapy group facilitator, private practice
- Advanced clinical training in analytic group therapy, The Psychotherapy Institute
- Advanced relational therapy training, The Marina Counseling Center and Pierce Street Integral Counseling Center
- Level 1 trained in Mindful Self-Compassion, UCSD Center for Mindfulness
- Ongoing participation in clinical consultation groups
- Former instructional and marketing writer, Psychotherapy.net
- Author of selected articles:
Humanity Needs Empathy More Than Ever (Psyched in SF)
Working While Outraged (Psyched in SF)
Letting Go of Expectations and Letting Joy Find You (Tiny Buddha)
Interested in starting therapy? Contact me for a free 15-minute phone consultation.